How to Update Apps Over WiFi Only on Android Devices
Software updates can be large and sometimes end up using much of your expensive Cellular Data. Hence, make sure that Automatic App updates are always delivered to your device over a WiFi network and do not use your Cellular data.
1. Open the Google Play Store App on your Android phone
2. Next, tap on the 3 line icon located in the top left corner of your screen (See image below).
3. From the drop-down menu, tap on Settings.
4. On the next screen, tap on Auto-update apps option.
5. From the next pop-up, select Auto-update apps over WiFi Only option.
With this setting all Software Updates on your device will only be downloaded over a WiFi network, reducing your Cellular Data Usage by a significant amount.