How to Never Lose a Text Message Again (SMS Backup & Restore)
If you want to avoid the panic of losing your messages and using a PC to recover them, the best thing to do is to back up your SMS messages regularly. The good news is, doing so only takes five minutes.
1. Once you’ve downloaded and installed SMS Backup & Restore, open the app and tap Backup.
2. Next, choose what exactly you want to create a backup of, then – crucially – tap Local backup and upload if you want to send your backup to Google Drive, Dropbox or an email address.
3. Make your selection from the list that appears and then tap OK.
4. To restore your backed-up SMS messages, tap Restore on the app’s home screen, then, on the Restore Backup page, you can just tap the backup name in the list to restore it (if it’s stored locally).
5. If your backup is stored in the cloud, tap the overflow menu (three dots) at the top right, then Load from and select whichever cloud service it’s stored on.
6. There are plenty of extra options in SMS Backup & Restore, including scheduled backups and password protection. You can find these by tapping the overflow menu icon at the top right of the app’s home screen, then hit Preferences.