How to Fix the “Cannot Connect to iTunes Store” Error
1. Enable/Disable iTunes Parental Controls:
* This is the first thing that you may try to fix the issue as it has worked wonders for most iOS users.
* To do so, Launch iTunes and from the top menu select Preferences.
* Now head to the ‘Parental’ tab. From here select Disable>Access to iTunes Sore and allow access to iTunes U. Click Ok.
* Having done that, exit iTunes and relaunch iTunes. If you are headed to the iTunes U directly, you can now go to the Preferences>Parental Control and select Enable access to iTunes Store.
* Now, repeat> Exit iTunes and re-launch it. You should be able to successfully connect to the iTunes Store without any error.
2. Internet Connectivity:
* The second thing you may do to fix the error is to check your Internet Connectivity.
* Make sure that you have an active internet connection.
* See if your other devices such as your PC is able to connect to the Internet.
* To fix the Internet issue, try to reset your WiFi Router.
If you are still facing issues, try to fix the issue through ‘troubleshoot WiFi network and Connections.
3. Restart device’s WiFi or switch to WiFi to 3G network:
* One of the common reasons why you might face this kind of error is due to low internet signal strength.
* In order to fix this, try to restart your network by turning it off and back on.
* Exit iTunes and try to Swtch to 3G network. Now launch iTunes again.
* If you are using 3G network, try to switch to WiFi network and then launch iTunes.
4. Change Date:
* Yes, you are right. You might be just the lucky one for whom this old trick might just work even now.
* Head to your device’s Settings. Go to General and open Date&Time.
* Turn ‘Set Automatically’ feature On.
* Now re-launch iTunes.
5. Software Update:
* You must ensure that your device’s software is up to date. Check for new updates available.
* Go to Settings. Open General> Software Update.
* Along with Up to date Software, make sure that your device is running on up to date Mac OS X as well as Safari and iTunes.
6. Troubleshoot Firewall:
* If you are using Firewall, it is pretty much possible that the settings are become hindrance
* In way you connect to iTunes. If this is the case, you might need to Configure Firewall. You might also need to Reset Keychain.
* If none of this works for you, you should contact your Service Provider and enable Ports and Servers.
* In other case, if you try to connect to iTunes but, it displays nothing and is empty, you should try the following to fix it.
* Try to Troubleshoot iTunes Store connectivity in Windows.
* Having done that, you will also be required to configure Windows firewall and let iTunes connect to iTunes Store.
* In addition to that, disable proxies as well to avoid issues.
* Lastly, try to Reset Host Files to default.
* You can find host files fromC:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hostsfile.
* Click on the hosts file to create a copy of hosts.
* Now, click and drag the original hosts file to place it on your desktop.
* Open the duplicate file in Notepad. (Right click on the duplicate file, select open and choose Notepad.)
* From Notepad, go to Edit from the menu bar and click ‘Select All’.
* Now, go to File from menu bar and click ‘Save’.
* Close Notepad and re-name the duplicate file to ‘hosts’.
* Once done, restart your computer and try to connect to the iTunes Store again.
7. Reboot Your Device: