How to Install Incompatible Apps or Region-Restricted Apps on Android
1. Download TunnelBear from the Play Store.
2. Launch the app and create an account.
3. You’ll see the switch to turn TunnelBear on and a map of the world. Simply tap a tunnel anywhere on the globe and wait for the bear to tunnel its way there.
4. If you get a connection request, agree to it.
5. Once the bear has tunneled to your new VPN location, you can go grab that app you were after.
Say I wanted Hulu in Germany, where it isn’t possible to install the app. I can simply tell TunnelBear that I’m in the US, and I’ll be able to download Hulu. You still might not be able to find apps by searching directly in the Play Store, but searching for the app name and “play store” in Chrome should bring up the app link. You’ll now be able to click that link and download and install the app.
Note that you may need to keep the VPN running in order to access content in region-restricted apps and that not all apps will work outside their regions. If the app still says it’s not available in your country, clear the cache for the Play Store in Settings, Apps, Google Play Store and try again.