How to Use the Drawing Tools in Notes for iOS9
How to Draw & Sketch in Notes App for iOS
1. Open the Notes app and create a new note.
2. Tap on the (+) plus button in the corner of the active note.
3. Tap on the little squiggly line icon to access the drawing tools.
4. Select your pen, pencil, or highlighter, change the color if you’d like, and start sketching.
5. When finished with the sketch, tap on “Done” to insert into the active note.
The tools available in Notes app drawing mode are; pen, highlighter, pencil, ruler, eraser, and color picker. You can change the color of any of the drawing tools, and the ruler also works with any of the sketch tools to draw straight lines.
How to Save a Drawing from iOS Notes App
You can also save a sketch or drawing you created in Notes app if you want to by tapping the little sharing arrow icon and choose “Saving Image” – and no, even though Notes app has a skeumorphic textured background, that texture is not saved with the drawing, the sketch will save against a white background into your camera roll.