RomPatcher+ is an improved and fixed version of the RomPatcher software developed by ZoRn. Using RomPatcher+ it is possibile to reach a new level of customization for you Symbian phone.
This is the list of the main differences in comparison with RomPatcher by ZoRn:
- New: compatibile with all the 3rh, 5th, S^3 devices
- New: support for compiled patches
- New: can dump the whole rom content to file \romdumpplus.dmp
- New: can dump the SuperPage content to file \superpage.dmp
- New: full support for DomainSrv.exe autostart, with Recovery Fault
- New: introduced new commands ord_rel, ord_snr which allow to patch DLL using ordinal
- New: can be integrated in cooked ROM firmware
- New: it is now possible to apply/remove patches with just 1 click.
- New: added vertical scrollbar.
- New: introduced the new command “+SuperPage” which allow to patch the RAM area where is stored the SuperPage.
- New: introduced support for a new commands, info: return: error: check the demo1-4.rmp patches included.
- New: introduced #ifdef, #ifndef, #else, #endif, #define statements. This will allow to retrieve system values at runtime to create more flexible and powerful patches. Check the ReadMe_Macros.txt for all the details.
- New: you can search / filter the patches in the list. Just start typing the patch name to apply the filter.
- New: wildcard ?? support for patches.
- Fixed: Kern-Exec0 error when closing RomPatcher after a patch was applied.
- Fixed: doesn’t unexpectedly crash when using large and complex patches.
- Fixed: RP+ can correcly patch contiguous shadow ram pages without any crash.
- Improved: the “Patch Info…” option shows all the information lines contained in the patch.
How to install
There exists many ways to install RomPatcher+, here’s a couple of them:
1) If your phone has been hacked to allow installation of unsigned .sis then install RomPatcherPlus_3.0.sis
2) If your phone has not been hacked yet, check out the file “LiteVersion\ReadMe.txt”
Change-Log v2.6 > v3.0 (Version jumped to v3.0 due to S^3 support)
+ New: RP+ now supports also Symbian^3 devices! All the 3rd/5th/S^3 devices are fully supported
+ Improved: InstallServer.rmp patch has been updated to support S^3 devices too. The old Open4All.rmp patch is already working on S^3 too, without any change.
+ Improved: removed the “Donate with SMS” option, it was used by too few people.
+ Fixed: sometimes the “RP+ Recovery Fault” message was wrongly shown, it should be definitely fixed.